The Bellevue School District 2020 Capital Projects Bond will ensure that Bellevue will continue to provide world-class education to our students. By replacing aging buildings, renovating and expanding existing schools, and updating safety and security measures, Bellevue School District will be ready to welcome and serve the students of tomorrow.
Voting yes on the 2020 Capital Projects Bond will allow BSD to:
- Rebuild 3 schools at the same sites, replacing them with modern buildings with increased capacity
- Build additions to accommodate the growing student populations at 2 high schools
- Add security vestibules to 8 schools and build safety bollards outside 19 school entrances, increasing the safety of our students
- Update classrooms and learning spaces for greater access to science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education and activities
- Rebuild the dated education service centers and facilities, improving staff and administration support for our students, teachers, and community
- Prepares the district to acquire new properties as the Bellevue community grows at the current unprecedented pace
Our local schools are a reflection of our community. They are critically important to ensuring that Bellevue remains a desirable place to live, work, and raise a family. Our schools have also been fortunate to have the strong support of local voters. To build on this legacy of success, the District’s Growth and Planning Advisory Group brought together parents, teachers, and community members to identify critical construction and maintenance needs for this bond.
This bond delivers on those priorities. It provides needed rebuilds and renovations for several local schools, ensuring students have safe, comfortable buildings, with modern learning spaces for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education. It also adds safety and security measures to schools across the District. Finally, it replaces aging educational service centers and designates funding to invest in future school locations.
This bond is not only needed – it’s also financially responsible. If approved, Bellevue School District voters will only pay an additional $0.03 per $1,000 of assessed property. For the median assessed property of $850,000, that’s only another $26 per year. All funds raised by this bond will also stay in our local schools.
Please support this crucial community investment. Vote Yes for Bellevue Schools!
In Bellevue, our voters have passed every school levy for more than 2 decades. This consistency of funding has produced the #1 School District in the state of Washington and schools that are highly sought-after by families.
Every single student benefits from the high quality education provided by BSD.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs.